Chocolate Meringues Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 120°C.
3. Add pinch of salt and pinch of cream tartar
4. Still whisking add caster sugar one table spoon at a time
5. Add coco powder
6. Spoon mixture onto trays lined with baking paper. I am not too fussy about the shapes being prefect as you can see from my photo of them
7. Place into the oven; reduce the temperature to 90°C
8. Leave the oven on for 1 1/2 hours or until the meringues are crisp
9. Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven - this will take 3-4 hours.
Things didn’t end here; I try to make my own pizza dough for homemade pizzas (we had a wood fire pizza oven at our old house and plan to build one at this place) but had never made my own bread.
I picked up this Laucke Multigrain Soy and Linseed bread mix and finally made my own bread. It certainly didn’t turn out perfect in shape but the smell was amazing, it tasted and felt so fresh and it really wasn’t that hard at all. I will definitely be dipping my toes into the world of bread making more often.