Monday 13 August 2012

Cleaning out the cleaning products

It is amazing just how many store bought cleaning products I have in my house. My plan is to move to using Vinegar, Baking Soda, Salt, Lemon Juice etc but I find it hypocritical if I throw out the products I already have, it’s just another waste. So I am slowly working my way through them all while still trialling what work for me with my new cleaning pals.

A few tips already tried and tested.
Pans - Baking Soda & Vinegar
Clean any roasting pan by sprinkle the surface well with baking soda. Combine 1 cup of hot water and 1/3 cup of vinegar, poured onto the baking soda. The fizzing action will remove the roasted food particles.


Toilet - Vinegar & Baking Soda
Pour white vinegar into the toilet and let it sit for 30 minutes. Next sprinkle baking soda on a toilet-bowl brush and scour any remaining stained areas. Flush.
Deodorize the Cat Box
Cover the bottom of the tray with baking soda, then fill as usual with litter. To freshen between changes, sprinkle baking soda on top of the litter after a thorough cleaning.


I am reading Make YourPlace: Affordable, Sustainable Nesting Skills by Raleigh Briggs and I am sure this is going to be kept nearby as it is full of easy and handy tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment