Wednesday 3 October 2012

Lemon Meringue and Chocolate Meringue pies

So here are the mini Lemon Meringue (using the Lemon Curd made earlier) and Chocolate Meringue pies I made. I think they have turned out pretty good considering there was an awful lot of winging it. I didn't have specific recipes for either but both have turned out tasting fab and will be something I will make again. As I chocolate lover I can't believe I am about to say this but I think I preferred the Lemon Meringue pies over the chocolate ones. Just one tip, I used a very basic shortcrust pastry and didn't add sugar and and I glad I didn't as there is well and truly enough sugar and sweetness in the filling and meringue topping.
 
You can find some recipes here though that may inspire; 
Basic shortcrust pastry
Lemon meringue pies
Chocolate meringue pie

I have more things to write about but I am trying to ensure that I will have something to write about everyday this month for Blogtober.

1 comment:

  1. They sound and look delicious! Thanks for the tip re. leaving sugar out of the pastry...I don't like over-sweet things.

    ReplyDelete